Follow us on
- Benjamin Britten: Canticle IV, Op. 86 "The Journey of the Magi"
- E.V. Lucas: Christmas Decorations
- Francisco Guerrero: Virgen sancta
- Franz Xaver Gruber: Silent Night
- John Clare: December
- Laurie Lee: Christmas In Seville (Excerpt)
- Leonard Clark: Singing In The Streets
- Max Reger: Schlaf, mein Kindelein
- Peter Cornelius: The Three Kings
- Peter Maxwell Davies: O magnum mysterium
- Rhian Samuel: Jolly Wat The Shepherd
- Samuel Barber: Twelfth Night Song
- Tomás Luis da Victoria: O Magnum Mysterium
- William Byrd: Psalmes, Songs and Sonnets…fit for Voyces or Viols: This day Christ was born
- Deck the hall
- Esta noche nace un nino
- God's Speech (From The Waterfield Plays)
- I sing of a maiden
- Lully, lulla, thow littel tyne child "Coventry Carol"
- Memories Of Christmas
- The Holly and the Ivy
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- Wassail Song
- Christmas Truce (A Letter)
Dame Felicity Lott, soprano
Joyful Company of Singers/Peter Broadbent
Academy Sound & Vision White Line CDWHL2150 78m DDD
Dame Felicity Lott provides a splendidly traditional recipe of glorious music to accompany the mouth watering pudding on the front cover of this disc! Seriously speaking this is a loving collection of firm favourites, long forgotten rarities and a mixture of both sung with wonderful verve and élan by the great soprano.
The twenty four pieces provided here are too numerous to discuss in their entirety but there is definitely something for everyone. The Joyful Company of singers under the fair hand of Peter Broadbent sing with conviction and obvious enjoyment whilst the copious notes on each and every piece married with a warm and entirely natural recording make this disc hard to resist. A winner through and through!
Copyright © 2003, Gerald Fenech