Follow us on
Rare Piano Encores
- Gioachino Rossini: Péchés de vieillesse, Volume 10 #6, Petite Caprice in C Major in the Style of Offenbach
- Ferruccio Busoni: Serenade from Don Giovanni
- George Gershwin: Shall We Dance: Promenade "Walking the dog"
- Max Reger: Schlichte Weisen, Op. 76 #52, "Maria Wiegenlied"
- Percy Grainger: Blithe bells
- Richard Wagner: Albumblatt for Piano in C Major "In das Album der Fürstin Metternich"
- Ignaz Friedman: Viennese Dance #3, Waltzes on themes from Gärtner
- Sergei Rachmaninoff: Song, Op. 8 #2, Child, thou art as beautiful
- Moritz Moszkowski: Chanson Bohème from Bizet's "Carmen"
- Franz Liszt:
- Valse oubliée, S. 215 #4 "Valse Impromptu"
- Soirée de Vienne after Schubert, S. 427 #6
- Waltz on Themes from "Lucia" and "Parisina", S. 401
- Anton Rubinstein: Valse-Caprice in E Flat Major
- Edvard Grieg: Piano Piece Arranged from Song, Op. 41 #3, I love thee
- Anton Bruckner: Erinnerung in A Flat Major, WAB 117
Leslie Howard, piano
Hyperion Helios CDH55109 73m DDD
This is a delightful disc that can brighten up any dull afternoon or evening! Leslie Howard has dug up some wonderful treasure troves from the proverbial antiques cabinet and there is much to enjoy and cherish here.
Amongst the most memorable melodies, one can point out arrangements of Bizet by Mozkowski, a fantastic arrangement of tunes from Catalani's "La Wally" by Howard himself and there are also fine transcriptions by Grainger, Siloti and the ever-present Franz Liszt. There is not really much to say here and the only comment from me is just sit back and enjoy!
Copyright © 2004, Gerald Fenech