Follow us on
Joy To The World
A Selection from the Novello Book of Carols
- Felix Mendelssohn: Festgesang "Hark! The herald angels sing"
- Geoffrey Ainger: Mary's Child
- Henry John Gauntlett: Once in Royal David's City
- Jeremy Thurlow: All and Some
- Judith Weir: Illuminare, Jerusalem
- Lowell Mason: Joy to the World
- William J. Kirkpatrick: Away in a manger
- William Llewellyn:
- Hush you, my baby, the night wind is cold
- In the bleak mid-winter
- Ding Dong! Merrily on high
- El cant dels ocells
- God rest ye merry, gentlemen
- Il est né, le divin enfant
- Josep i Maria
- King Jesus hath a garden
- Rejoice and be merry
- Sans Day Carol
- The first nowell
- The Twelve Days of Christmas
- What shall we give to the babe in the manger?
- Yorkshire wassail Song
Worcester Cathedral Choir
Worcester Festival Choral Society/Donald Hunt
Hyperion Helios CDH55161 65m DDD
The Helios label is fast turning into one of the most desirable budget price labels with a vast selection of unfamiliar repertory pieces. This straight reissue contain some of the most beautiful Christmas classics that have graced many a church and concert hall at these festive times.
Donald Hunt's Worcester Cathedral Choir are well steeped in this tradition and their singing in such eternal favourites as "Once in Royal David's City", "Joy to the World" and the lovely "Ding dong merrily on high". There are also a few rarities such as "A Gallery Carol", "Hush you, my baby" and the strangely titled "Yorkshire Wassail". Choral buffs will surely enjoy this well priced record at these times.
Copyright © 2003, Gerald Fenech